The Thirteen Piglets and the Padrone
The padrone encountered a peasant and asked how things were going. The peasant replied that his sow had thirteen piglets. The padrone asked, "How many teats does the sow have?"
"Twelve," said the peasant.
"And what does the thirteenth piglet do?" asked the padrone.
"Quello che faccio io che sto a guardarvi mangiare!" the peasant snapped. ("What I do when I watch you eat!")
This traditional story brought to you via Lucia Chiavola Birnbaum's Black Madonnas: Feminism, religion & politics in Italy. May there be no more thirteenth piglets.
"Twelve," said the peasant.
"And what does the thirteenth piglet do?" asked the padrone.
"Quello che faccio io che sto a guardarvi mangiare!" the peasant snapped. ("What I do when I watch you eat!")
This traditional story brought to you via Lucia Chiavola Birnbaum's Black Madonnas: Feminism, religion & politics in Italy. May there be no more thirteenth piglets.

2comments:
Hope you had a happy Ash Wednesday too! :)
Oh and BTW, Ron F is still arguing with you on my blog!
Post a Comment
<<Home