Just When I Thought I Was Out......They Pull Me Back In!
Long hiatus, I know. Been busy, not enough time to really blog, particularly since I favor making long, link-heavy, tour-de-force posts. That nobody reads. Shit. Been disgusted with some of the bullshit in the blogosphere, and it seemed like it was just time to say screw it.
And then I checked my email. Two women from different parts of Canada wrote to me asking about trades work. And that made all the difference. Gave me my second wind.
So. I'll be back at it. I've added more links to my sidebar (and dumped the dead ends). I originally started blogging to get some practice writing---dust off some old skills. That's something I still want to do.
Lubu is back on the prowl. Owwwoooo!
Meanwhile, the annual Trades and Labor concert is tomorrow night; be there or be square. With any luck, the Little One won't be scanning the crowd, zeroing in on who she thinks are eligible bachelors, and trying to set mama up. That is exactly what she did last year. I caught her in the back of the room, chatting up the business manager of the cement finishers, pointing me out and basically suggesting that he come talk to me. I felt like pulling up the linoleum and crawling underneath it.
"Get over here, kid." (serious mama glare) "Whattaya think you're doing?"
(sly smile, soft, long eyelashes batting, then slowly looking at the ground.)"uhh.."
"Never mind. I know what you're doing. Knock it off."
"But mama...!.....I'm just trying to help you out...!"
Criminy. She came up with that on her own. *sigh*
And then I checked my email. Two women from different parts of Canada wrote to me asking about trades work. And that made all the difference. Gave me my second wind.
So. I'll be back at it. I've added more links to my sidebar (and dumped the dead ends). I originally started blogging to get some practice writing---dust off some old skills. That's something I still want to do.
Lubu is back on the prowl. Owwwoooo!
Meanwhile, the annual Trades and Labor concert is tomorrow night; be there or be square. With any luck, the Little One won't be scanning the crowd, zeroing in on who she thinks are eligible bachelors, and trying to set mama up. That is exactly what she did last year. I caught her in the back of the room, chatting up the business manager of the cement finishers, pointing me out and basically suggesting that he come talk to me. I felt like pulling up the linoleum and crawling underneath it.
"Get over here, kid." (serious mama glare) "Whattaya think you're doing?"
(sly smile, soft, long eyelashes batting, then slowly looking at the ground.)"uhh.."
"Never mind. I know what you're doing. Knock it off."
"But mama...!.....I'm just trying to help you out...!"
Criminy. She came up with that on her own. *sigh*

0comments:
Post a Comment
<<Home