The coming storm.....
And I'm not talking about the one blowing in tomorrow, which is why I'll be out gardening and doing yard work as opposed to posting. No, I'm talking about our near future. You can find the same type of thing over here, just keep reading!
Anyway, while I go out and work and enjoy Mother's Day and think up a good post on Andy Stern's new ideas for the AFL-CIO and how none of the heavy-hitters in the labor movement are addressing this issue, among other things, in the circular (ahem) discussions on where the labor movement is headed, check it out. And did I mention that Michael Ventura's book "Letters At 3AM" is one of my all-time favorites?
Anyway, while I go out and work and enjoy Mother's Day and think up a good post on Andy Stern's new ideas for the AFL-CIO and how none of the heavy-hitters in the labor movement are addressing this issue, among other things, in the circular (ahem) discussions on where the labor movement is headed, check it out. And did I mention that Michael Ventura's book "Letters At 3AM" is one of my all-time favorites?

1comments:
A typical drive to work for me, in my own jurisdiction, is less than fifteen miles. In the farther reaches of my jurisdiction, it could be forty miles or more, but that is less common. I live directly in the city, so if I'm lucky enough to get to work on a downtown job, State complex, or at one of the hospitals, I can walk to work...I'm already in the neighborhood!
I drive a '91 Chevy S-10 (don't laugh, it's paid for!). It's the 4.3 6-cylinder. I'm getting a new vehicle this year too, because the ol' truck (ever since seeing the movie "Powwow Highway", I've been tempted to call it 'my pony') has seen better days, and it just doesn't make sense to pour any more money into it.
I'm probably going to get another light truck, but this time with a back seat for the little one. I tend not to have long daily drives, and I like the convenience of being able to haul large or messy items in the back end. I still have too many home improvements planned to switch to a car; hauling is essential.
Post a Comment
<<Home